The leadership of Sumter Pregnancy Center is committed to delivering the highest standard of quality care and competency to our clients. Our affiliation with Care-Net International, Focus on the Family, and the National Association of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA) enables us to stay informed of issues and future trends impacting pregnancy center ministry. The resources available through these agencies provide our staff and volunteers with up-to-date continuing education and training. Sumter Pregnancy donors, supporters and clients can feel confident that Sumter Pregnancy exceeds or meets all current pregnancy center industry standards. As a Care Net International affiliate, we submit to a common statement of commitment to care and competence:
Commitment of Care and Competence
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.